Thursday, June 26, 2014

Riding in Park City

I escaped the valley and rolled into Park City the day before Nancy and the kids arrived in SLC.  The first afternoon I rode Armstrong - Mid Mountain - Spiro loop.  The riding is fantastic.  The Armstrong trail is a 4 mile one way only climbing so there is no need to worry about others bombing down towards you.  As I traversed the Mid Mountain trail I came face to face with a young bull moose amidst the Aspen trees.  After we stared at each other for about 5 minutes, he decided to take another path to his resting spot and I proceeded.  It was a fantastic two and a half hour ride!
Riding up the Armstrong Trail

Top of the Armstrong Trail

A section of the Mid Mountain Trail
 That night I camped in Jordelle State Park.  I set up the cot in the bed of my truck and had a wonderfully restful night alongside my Yeti.
Sleeping with the Yeti
The next morning I time for a quick loop before picking up the family in SLC.  I rode Jenni's - Loose Moose.  This is a relatively short ride, less than an hour, but Jenni's is one way up and Loose Moose is one way down.  The berms and jumps were perfect and it was especially nice not to have to worry about oncoming traffic.   A return trip to Park City is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment