Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"My favorite thing I never knew I wanted"


... that's my new (as of this year) way of describing having a little girl. I always pictured myself with boys, so when many people said things like "you finally got your little girl" after Maggie was born, I was somewhat despondent. It just didn't resonate with me ... in fact I was sometimes offended that people would think the birth of a third boy wouldn't have been as joyous an occasion.

Maggie has brought us such joy. But, as of late, she has really turned into a whiny, crying little being. In fact she has "cried wolf" so often lately that I was a little slow to respond to her crying today while we were downtown ... soon I discovered that she did, in fact, have a thorn sticking through her crocs creating a bloody foot. Luckily "mother of the year" here did have a bandaid on hand!

Maggie has typically put herself down for naps, which has always been wonderful. She doesn't nap too often anymore ... but lately, she's been going to sleep in random places late in the afternoon. This makes her an absolute nudge at bedtime ... the boys cannot stand her teasing when they are trying to sleep!

This is where I found her today, snuggled in a corner of her bedroom at 5pm! ... time to get them all back on a schedule :-)

I love to remind myself, very genuinely, that she is "our blessing, not our burden."


No comments:

Post a Comment