Saturday, July 24, 2010

Taking Turns on the Teton



On Thursday afternoon, Corbin dropped me off at Bates Bridge to meet a bunch of girlfriends for an afternoon Teton Float down to Rainey access. At the end of our float, we shuttled back to Bates, where I met Corb and the kids. Corb then got on the river for an evening fish, and I took the kids home for dinner. After dinner, I picked Corb up at Rainey. It's nice to live so close to such a beautiful river, with such gorgeous views.

My float was windy enough to keep the mosquitoes away, and we were loud enough to keep most wildlife away ... though we did get a nice close up visit from a bald eagle! For Corb's float the air was still enough to invite mosquitoes, and also quiet enough that he saw two bull moose!

Let's just say that floating with the girls is a very different experience from any float I've had on the Teton before ... lots of laughs, no attempt to actually steer any craft (luckily the "frog water" of the Teton is very forgiving), and many great stories swapped!

No comments:

Post a Comment