Friday, May 7, 2010

The Shirt is Holding Up!


Connor has had two games so far. The first was rainy and freezing and when they called the game after 45 minutes, Connor was disappointed ... he might have been the only kid on the field wanting it to continue! Yesterday his second game was SNOWED out ... he protested saying they could still play. Tonight they had the makeup game, and he was thrilled.

Today he told me that at the first game one of the boys had a shirt that was too small for him. The boy's mother came up to Connor and said, "I notice your shirt is a little big for you, and I see that it's an extra large. My son's shirt is too small. Would you be interested in switching shirts?" Connor's answer was, "Well, my Mom cut this down so it would fit me, so I'm fine." He said to me today, "Plus Mom, I like that I get to keep #46, Jacoby Ellsbury's number!"

Thank goodness ... I don't know what I'd have done if he traded that shirt :-) !!

No comments:

Post a Comment