Monday, May 31, 2010

Swimming in the Creek




Today Brady was all about swimming in the creek. At first I thought it was a crazy idea - it's not very warm here (60's at best). But then I realized that we have no idea what the creek flow will be like this summer (and right now the flow is very low) ... and I also remembered that my children are basically warm blooded! So I stopped everything and embraced this moment. It was so precious. As we got to the creek and I said, "I don't think Maggie can go in." Brady's response was, "Moooom, Maggie can get in and out of this creek no problem, besides I'll take care of her. C'mon Mags!" All 3 kids had a blast building pools and waterfalls. Although I did not go in, I was on the bank, sporting my Keen shoes, ready for the jump and rescue ... which was thankfully unnecessary! After about 30 minutes, the clouds looked threatening and we all headed home for warm baths, bbq chicken, and The Waltons!

We did pause this morning to remember the meaning of Memorial Day. As I heard the sound of a gun shot salute, my heart jumped in reminder ... never far from my mind, but always good to be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment