Saturday, August 18, 2012

Our Final Week

We went into our last week here with the idea that we wanted to appreciate what we had, not overschedule our week, enjoy the quiet moments, and allow for spontaneous moments.  With no good excuse, we felt a bit tired and less energized than usual.  Many in the valley attributed exhaustion and headaches to the smoke in the valley.  While I have no idea about any correlation, I can say that we had a slower week than usual.

What emerged?  Bike rides to the creamery, baseball for Corb and Connor, quality time for Brady and Lia (before she headed on a family vacation), fires on the deck at night, dinners out, reading, card games, a day at Teton Springs pool, and a night at the rodeo!

Fire on the deck

On Tuesday we went to the Targhee pool and after Corb biked up, I was in need of a sanity trail run.  I took the chairlift up and ran down Bannock.  It felt pretty easy for me - not much cardio and faster than I expected.  My awesome track coach husband reminded me that CNS workouts (central nervous system workouts) - where your brain has to think about foot placement, balance, and agility - are very valuable!  Wednesday, I drove up to the Russells' ranch for a run with Susy.  We went in the heat of the day and I felt sluggish, but we enjoyed our time together on gravel roads and the kids enjoyed play time together.  Thursday, Brady and I went to Teton Springs so that Brady could babysit Tim while Susy and I went for a hike (and the rest of the kids did swim team practice).  We hiked Mud Lake and the kids enjoyed swimming.  Friday, we went raspberry picking.

Lisa and Mike Evans
The Cowgirls

Giddy up

Cheyenne Wilcox

Gabby on Abby (Cheyenne's horse)

Maggie on Abby
Friday night we went to Tony's Pizza and met the Wilcoxes and Batchens for dinner, then went to the rodeo.  Last summer, we went to about every rodeo; this year our first was August 17th.  Cheyenne is royalty, and she gave Maggie and Gabby rides on her horse, Abbey.  We ended up bringing Gabby home for a sleepover.  Today we tended to packing and cleaning business, while also looking at a possible new/used car for purchase, while Connor and Maggie played on the trampoline and met the Schmidt's pony, Blossom.  Brady mowed the lawn, Connor helped Corb take down the wall tent, and Maggie helped me pack clothes.

Tonight we are enjoying Corbin's raspberry pie and a movie at home after dinner out!



No comments:

Post a Comment