Saturday, February 27, 2010

5 Day Week


This past week was the first week since Christmas vacation that all three kids were in school all five days! Corb and I took full advantage of our time during the school day and then we were able to have some fun afternoons with the kids. On Monday, during Maggie's ski lesson, Corb and I skate skied up at Targhee (see Corb's Quakie Ridge post for his experience!). I think skate skiing is the most humbling activity I've attempted this winter ... but it sure gets me out to some beautiful places. On Tuesday, we went to Idaho Falls to look at cabinets and countertops as we investigate the possibility of upgrading our kitchen this spring. It was a very fun and productive trip ... we designed our new island and looked at granite and quartz countertops ... there are so many options!! Thursday evening, Corb and I actually had a little night out - The Sibleys (a local favorite bluegrass duo) were playing downtown and we got to go listen to some good music and visit with some friends. On Friday, I enjoyed a beautiful long walk/run (about 22 miles :-) !!) with four of my favorite training partners. We went up the road to Targhee on a clear blue day. The picture is of the spectacular view of the Tetons we enjoyed, both on the way up and on the way down. I took the picture of (left to right) Susy, Lisa, Tammy, and Heather. As we ran down, I was struck by the fact that within minutes I was looking at this view of the Tetons and then at the sprawling valley covered in a blanket of snow and surrounded by the comforting Big Hole Mountains on the west side.

No comments:

Post a Comment