Monday, February 1, 2010

Oh ... so this is what you meant!

On January 2nd, 1997 Corbin and I skied together for the first time - at Mount Sunapee in NH. I knew he was a very experienced skier, and while I'd skied a lot, I also knew I was a very intermediate skier. We had a wonderful day skiing together and then that evening he asked me to marry him. While he has told me many stories about skiing and we have even skied together a few times (which really doesn't count the times we've been teaching our kids to ski), this winter I'm beginning to understand what he meant by skiing!!!!

We've skied Targhee together a few times this winter, often with the kids. I've watched him take a few runs that have caught my attention. Today I saw more. I saw him jump off the side of the mountain and ski down beautifully and gracefully. I saw his passion. I (clumsily) followed him through powder and thought, "oh ... so this is what you meant by powder!!!" The whole skiing experience has been eye-opening for me and has brought me closer to Corbin. I have a better sense of the world he has spoken of so lovingly. I feel a part of it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment