Thursday, June 3, 2010

Favorite Part of My Day





Every night we do "favorite part of my day" with the kids ... each kid with each parent. Sometimes one child gives different answers to each parent, often coinciding with time together. Tonight was Maggie's end-of-year program for her school. As always ... just adorable! Her class sang the Air Force fight song ... with a couple of minor adjustments ... with hand motions and everything.

As an aside, how funny is it that Maggie learned the AF fight song at her preschool? Here's another funny thing ... a couple of days ago the weather was good and the whole school started the day on the playground. As I dropped Maggie off, I walked her out to the playground. Along the way we stopped to greet the bunnies in the cages. Outside on the playground the ducks and chicks were roaming freely. This is quite a contrast to her preschool in Andover where there is a strict "no pets" policy anywhere near the playground or school. I'm not saying one is better ... just tickled by the differences :-)

So tonight at bedtime, Corb and I got the same response (about 10 minutes apart) from Maggie. Sleepy little Maggie said, "Favorite part of my day was at my program ... and I was so proud of myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment