Saturday, March 6, 2010

80 for Haiti



I've looked forward to this weekend as my first of four events where I committed to running for the children of Haiti, and beyond. I am overwhelmed by the support I've already received from so many people! I will send out an "update" by email ... but for our own memories, I want to make this blog entry. The boys did not have school on Friday, so after I dropped Maggie off and had a relatively relaxing morning (interpreted ... ate a really great breakfast, talked to banks about loans, and talked with contractors about appliances, plumbing, and cabinets for our dream kitchen), Corbin and the boys dropped me off for my run. While I began my run, they went off to skate - but the ice was full of puddles. So they went to run errands. As Corb took the truck in to get the oil changed, the boys accompanied him and were complimented for their great manners and behavior. They then had a fun outing to the library before they got Mags from school. After regrouping at home, they met me at our friend, Susy's, house for dinner. Our friends, Susy and Jeff, have 4 kids close to our kids' ages ... and Susy and I are great running partners!

Yesterday I ran 25 miles. Today I ran 20 miles ... after Corb dropped me off today he had the kids for the morning and then they joined me for a final "lap" (1 mile) with the family. This afternoon I took the kids to see the second "Alvin and the Chipmunks" movie in Victor, which is kind of a big deal because we don't have move theatres here ... but a playhouse in Victor recently decided to do movies ... a good family outing! Tonight, the kids are in bed and we're having a late dinner. Tomorrow we'll ski at Targhee. Conditions are spring skiing ... we love that but are wishing those conditions came a bit later ... for now, we're just embracing what we're given.

No comments:

Post a Comment