Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Robins are Back

I saw my first robin of the year this morning.

Yesterday, I crossed off another item from my bucket list: crust cruising.  Nancy and I dropped the kids off at school and went straight out to Jeff Russell's farm outside of Tetonia.  The conditions were perfect; cold, crisp, no wind, and a thick crust.  We cruised.

Not being confined to a groomed track meant we could go anywhere.  We cruised down the south side of the rim of Teton Canyon to just across from the Felt Power Station.  Then turned around and cruised back. After about an hour and a half we had to call it quits, pick the kids up from school and drive to Jackson for a ski race.

The ski race was the last racing hurrah for Brady this season.  It was a dual slalom at Snow King and the best part of the race was that he got to pick who he could race against.  And he picked me!  The snow was good, the course was perfect, and we had a blast.  We even played in the terrain park between runs.


At about 7pm we headed back over the pass to finish the day with a cheese and pepperoni pizza at Wildlife in Victor.

No comments:

Post a Comment