Saturday, August 7, 2010

Seriously ... this is my life?





This morning I ran the Colter 1/2 marathon with a bunch of good friends. Afterward, my friend Sharon gave me a great massage for my very sore and tight hamstrings and glutes :-)

Then we hung out at the Driggs Centennial Celebration at the City Park. It was a nice chance to run into friends from the school year and just hang out for a festive day. Later this afternoon we had a family outing to Pierre's Playhouse (in Victor) for the matinee showing of "Despicable Me," followed by dinner at the new "Cheeseburger Factory." This new restaurant pretty much only has burgers on their menu -- local beef, ground daily, slow-cooked ... can I just say "yummmmmm?!" Also, they have books and games to entertain the children while waiting. Corb read some stories and Brady, Connor and I played a game of "Apples to Apples!"

At home we had soccer in the backyard and dance recitals on the deck ... a lovely evening outside.

A special day ... seriously? is this my life?!

Tomorrow's plan includes going to Pendl's in the morning to listen to the Miller Sisters music and then head to Darby Canyon for a hike to the Wind Caves. I'll take Brady and Connor, and we'll meet up with about 4-6 other families. Corb and Maggie will stay home together, as Mags isn't quite ready for this hike!

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment