Sunday, August 7, 2011

First Week with Grandparents







We've loved having Gary and Sue here with us this week - so much so that it's been hard to keep up with the blog.

After Gary and Corb took one fishing trip on Wednesday, they took Connor along with them on Thursday. While the men fished on Wednesday, Sue and I took the kids to Targhee for swimming and the climbing wall and then out to dinner at Tony's Pizza (one of the kids' requests). On Thursday, Sue and I took Maggie on a bike ride to the city park. Maggie mastered the monkey bars! Then Sue, Maggie, Brady and I went to lunch at the TWR Grill (we want to try each meal!). Somehow I had the energy to take Brady and Maggie up to Targhee for a quick swim before Music on Main. This was our first Music all summer - I really wanted to hear Lukas Nelson. Although rain threatened to ruin our evening, it passed. Corb and Connor joined us and we hung out with the Russells for the night. Very fun. Although there were rumors that Lukas' dad, Willie, might make an appearance, he never did :-)

Friday, I took off for the day because Corb planned a low key day at home before his bike race. I enjoyed a nice hike with Susy and Tammy. Then we went out to lunch at Sun Dog Cafe. I returned home to find out that Corb had taken Brady mountain biking, while Gary had taken Maggie out to lunch and Connor to the park to play baseball. Gary had also planned outings with Brady for breakfast on Saturday and Connor for breakfast on Sunday. Connor had spent much of the day close to Grandma Sue, asking for one story after another. All in all, each child got special one-on-one time with an adult and I got a day off ... a good day, I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment